The second Women Leaders in Financial Infrastructure event took place on Monday 25 September, with more than 120 participants from 39 organisations located across 14 countries.
The event, sponsored by Clifford Chance, organised by Diana Chan, CEO, EuroCCP, and supported by the WFE and Women in Listed Derivatives (WILD), brought together a group of women leaders who shared their experience with women who have the potential and ambition to rise to leadership positions in the financial infrastructure industry. The afternoon event featured two panel discussions - one on Aptitude and the other on Authority & Influence - and left the participants invigorated and inspired.
Diana Chan opened the event, followed by welcome remarks from the host, Laura King, Partner, Global Head of People and Talent, Clifford Chance. The inspirational keynote speech was given by Lieve Mostrey, CEO, Euroclear Group.
The composition of the panels was as follows:
1. Aptitude: Playing up your strengths
Moderator: Elizabeth Pfeuti, Deputy Online Editor, Financial News
• Laura Ahto, President & CEO, BNY Mellon’s European Bank, The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV
• Julia Haglind, CEO, Nasdaq Clearing
• Judith Hardt, Managing Director, Swiss Finance Council
• Deirdre Somers, CEO, Irish Stock Exchange
• Hauke Stars, Member of the Executive Board, Deutsche Börse AG
2. Authority and influence: Getting it and using it
Moderator: Cathryn Lyall, Co-Founder, Seismic Foundry
• Paula S. Arthus, Managing Director, Corporate Strategy and Chief of Staff, The Depository & Trust Clearing Corporation (DTCC)
• Laura King, Partner, Global Head of People and Talent, Clifford Chance
• Nicky Newton-King, CEO, Johannesburg Stock Exchange
• Nandini Sukumar, CEO, The World Federation of Exchanges
One-third of the participants travelled to London from various countries including: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland and the United States.
The first event was held last year in Brussels.