SGX results for the financial year ended 30 June 2009 (FY2009)
SGX Results For The Financial Year Ended 30 June 2009 (FY2009)
- Net profit $305.7 million; ROE 39%
- Asian Gateway revenue 47%
- Operating leverage maintained at 130%
- Active secondary market with $12.07 billion raised
- Cost discipline and continued technology investment
- Total FY2009 dividend of 26.0 cents per share, payout maintained at 90%
Singapore Exchange Limited (SGX) today announced a net profit of $305.7 million for the financial year ended 30 June 2009. This is 31.2% lower compared to the previous year FY2008 ($444.3 million¹) due to a decline in securities market revenue and stable revenue. Return on equity was a creditable 39.3%. SGX directors have proposed a final dividend of 15.5 cents per share, bringing the total for the year to 26.0 cents per share.
Mr Hsieh Fu Hua, Chief Executive Officer of SGX said: “Despite the extent of turmoil in FY09, we remain profitable and our business, robust, most significantly in risk management and regulation. While the environment remains uncertain, SGX is well poised to face further challenges and seize opportunities to grow.”
Please refer to the “CEO’s Statement” and “Financial Highlights”, as attached, for details.
The complete FY2009 full year financial statements are available on the Investor Relations page of our website at www.sgx.com. (SGX SP, SGXL.SI)