Moscow Exchange has admitted resident banks from countries of the Eurasian Economic Community, i.e. Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tadzhikistan, to the Exchange’s FX market.
Belarusian BPS-Sberbank was the first foreign bank to test the new functionalities of the Exchange, be admitted to trading and execute a trade on the Moscow Exchange’s FX market.
The International Securities Exchange (ISE), a leading U.S. options exchange, and IndexIQ, a leading asset management firm, announced their partnership agreement to support and promote new exchange traded products (ETPs) focusing on physical commodities.
CME Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CME) reported revenues of $661 million and operating income of $376 million for the fourth quarter 2012. Net income attributable to CME Group was $167 million and diluted earnings per share were $0.50.
- Revenue of $181.1 million in Q4/12
- Diluted earnings per share of 61 cents in Q4/12
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of 95 cents, excluding 18 cents per share of
Maple Transaction and Integration costs and 16 cents per share of amortization of
intangible assets related to acquisitions.
- Cash flows from operating activities of $29.8 million in Q4/12
IntercontinentalExchange (NYSE: ICE), a leading operator of global markets and clearing houses, reported financial results for fourth quarter and full year 2012. Consolidated net income attributable to ICE for the quarter grew 2% to $129 million on consolidated revenues of $323 million, down 1% compared to the prior fourth quarter. Diluted earnings per share (EPS) in the quarter increased 2% to $1.76.
The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ), the world's largest exchange group, in cooperation with BNY Mellon, the global leader in investment management and investment services, announced plans to introduce options trading on U.S. Treasury Securities at NASDAQ OMX PHLX®, the largest equity options exchange in the U.S. The first day of trading will take place on February 19th, 2013.
Eurex to launch contracts based on Taiwan’s main index TAIEX in Taiwanese after hours/ TAIFEX to extend global reach of its main index options and index futures contracts
Financial and Operating Highlights
- Diluted EPS of $0.43, down from $0.50 in 4Q11
- Net revenue of $562 million, down 11%, including $4 million negative FX impact
- Fixed operating expenses of $392 million, down 9% on a constant dollar / portfolio basis
- Operating income of $170 million, down 20%, including $3 million negative FX impact
- Repurchased 1.1 million shares at average price of $24.67 in 4Q12 and 17.0 million shares in FY 2012
- Board declares first quarter 2013 cash dividend of $0.30 per share
Deutsche Börse Group’s preliminary net revenue in 2012 amounted to around €1,930 million. Preliminary operating costs adjusted for special items stood at around €920 million, in-line with the company’s guidance. The adjusted preliminary EBIT amounted to around €1.0 billion and the adjusted preliminary net income to around €660 million.
With effect from 1 March 2013, SIX Swiss Exchange is introducing a new trading segment for investment funds: the SIX Swiss Exchange–Sponsored Investment Fund Segment.