- The net profit improves from the two preceding quarters by +8.6% (4Q12) and +6.3% (3Q12) but is down 7.1% from the first quarter 2012
- Revenue for the first quarter stood at €73 million, down 5.6% on the same period in 2012
- Investment flows channelled through the exchange reached €7.9 billion in the first quarter of 2013, up 15.3% from the same period a year earlier
- EBITDA decreased by 8.5% to €47.9 million
- The efficiency ratio is 34.5%, more than 12 points above the average for the sector
- Return on Equity (ROE) was 31%, over 17 points above the sector average
Aware of the challenges facing businesses in search of funding, NYSE Euronext (NYX) is beefing up its strategy and resources for small and medium-sized companies (SMEs) by launching a subsidiary dedicated to these businesses on 23 May 2013.
CME Group, the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, announced the launch of nine new futures contracts for Renewable Identification Numbers (RINs). These contracts will be listed with, and subject to, the rules and regulations of NYMEX.
Singapore Exchange (SGX) is revising annual listing fees for Mainboard companies from 1 January 2014. The fees for new and additional listing of securities on Mainboard will be revised from 1 July 2013.
NYSE Euronext (NYX) announced the launch of NYSE Governance Services, an integrated suite of resources for public and privately-held companies seeking to create a leadership advantage through corporate governance, risk, ethics and compliance practices.
Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) held a meeting with the custodian members to discuss the developments targeting the implementation of a new enhancement of Delivery Versus Payment (DvP) process which the Abu Dhabi exchange plans to put into operation from the trading date of May 5th, 2013.
The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: NDAQ) announced that it has received the necessary regulatory approval for the completion of its acquisition of 25 percent of the Dutch cash equity and equity derivatives trading venue TOM, The Order Machine. The agreement also includes an option for NASDAQ OMX to acquire an additional 25.1 percent of the remaining shares to secure a majority stake in TOM.
* Unique solution enables client assets to remain in safekeeping with Standard Chartered
* Clearstream manages all global collateral optimisation within its Global Liquidity Hub
* Secure service promotes efficient collateral consolidation
Besides Russian rubles, foreign currency and securities may be used by a clearing member to post collateral for derivatives trades to the Moscow Exchange's clearing house according to the Methodology for selecting and estimating foreign currency and securities accepted as collateral on the derivatives market.
As part of its Nordic focus, Oslo Børs announces that Oslo ABM has changed its name to Nordic ABM. Nordic ABM targets fixed income issuers throughout the Nordic region, and a number of Nordic issuers have already listed bond issues on Nordic ABM. Since the Burgundy markets will become part of the Oslo Børs offer in June, a new fixed income market will be added to the trading system which will allow trading in fixed income instruments intended for Swedish investors that are denominated in Swedish kronor.