First Quarter Financial Highlights
- Record First Quarter Results
- Operating Revenues Increase 18 Percent to $142.7 Million
- GAAP Net Income Allocated to Common Stockholders Increases 27 Percent to $41.8 Million; Diluted EPS of $0.48
- Adjusted Net Income Allocated to Common Stockholders Up 33 Percent to $43.9 Million(1); Adjusted Diluted EPS of $0.50(1)
- GAAP Operating Margin Expands by 140 Basis Points to 48.7 Percent; Adjusted Operating Margin Up 340 Basis Points to 50.9 Percent(1)
- 1Q13 GAAP Diluted EPS of $1.85
- 1Q13 GAAP Net Income Attributable to ICE of $135MM
- 1Q13 Revenues of $352MM
CME Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CME) reported revenues of $719 million and operating income of $406 million for the first quarter of 2013. Net income attributable to CME Group was $236 million and diluted earnings per share were $0.71.
The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ), the world's largest exchange company, announced that it will re-launch NASDAQ OMX PSX(SM) (PSX(SM)) in an effort to create the leading marketplace for Exchange Traded Products (ETPs). The price-time exchange will offer unique market making programs and features designed to provide robust liquidity to institutional and retail investors. PSX will re-launch in May 2013 pending approval by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
TMX Group announced the successful migration of Alpha to TMX Group's proprietary trading engine, TMX Quantum. As part of TMX Group's overall integration plan, Alpha now operates on the same platform as Toronto Stock Exchange, TSX Venture Exchange and TMX Select.
ASX announces that it plans to extend its new OTC Derivatives Clearing Service to deliver a client clearing solution. This aims to provide important new risk management controls to Australian investors and asset managers, giving them the choice to protect their individual positions and collateral in the event of a significant default. This extension of ASX’s OTC Derivatives Clearing Service is scheduled for delivery by the end of 2013, subject to regulatory approval and customer readiness.
- Commences with listing of 3 companies — Dabur India Ltd. being the first company to list on the exchange
- Offers various benefits such as lower cost of issuance to issuers and zero processing fees and initial listing fee
- Exchange would soon announce innovations for enhancing issuers' experience
ASX Limited (ASX) has provided an earnings update for the nine months to 31 March 2013. The update is provided ahead of ASX’s participation at an Australian investor conference in Sydney.
The amended Stock Exchange Act and amended Stock Exchange Ordinance will come into effect on 1 May 2013. From now on, the provisions outlined in this stock exchange legislation governing the disclosure of shareholdings will also apply to companies domiciled abroad whose equity securities have their main listing at least in part on a Swiss stock exchange.
Qatar Financial Markets Authority has approved the liquidity provision scheme that can be carried out by the financial services firms, which are members in Qatar Exchange. This scheme will enable these firms to submit constant quotes for the sale or purchase of a particular security to increase its liquidity as per the controls and conditions set forth in the Liquidity Provider Agreement.