DB Climate Change Advisors (DBCCA), the climate change investment and research business of Deutsche Bank's Asset Management business, and The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) announced the introduction of the DB NASDAQ OMX(R) Clean Tech Index (DBCC). The index is an accurate, real-time representation of the global clean technology sector with exposure to clean energy, energy efficiency, transport, waste management and water companies. This is the first clean technology index co-branded by a global exchange company and a global bank.
The Irish Stock Exchange (“ISE”) is renaming two of its three securities markets with effect from Monday, 10th May 2010
Toronto Stock Exchange and the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange (TASE) announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to formalise cooperation between the markets. Under the MoU, the exchanges will work to broaden relations between them by developing channels of communication; advancing opportunities for cross listing; supporting the respective regulatory authorities to develop a mutual recognition agreement; exploring the development and listing of financial instruments tracking the other’s market indices; initiating joint conferences, and more.
TMX Group Inc. announced results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2009.
Infobolsa, BME’s information dissemination company, and the independent research boutique Noesis have jointly launched DATALIFE, a new service that provides contents designed to facilitate personal financial planning.
IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. (NYSE: ICE) reported record consolidated revenues of $257 million in the fourth quarter of 2009.
The London Stock Exchange announced that it has commenced a joint venture with FactSet Research Systems. The partnership means that the Exchange will deliver FactSet’s reference data via UnaVista, a web-based platform that provides validation, matching and reconciliation solutions.
- Third consecutive quarterly increase in net revenues and earnings per share
- EPS of $0.58, up 12% versus 4Q08; up 9% versus 3Q09
- Net revenue of $640 million, down 6% versus 4Q08; up 3% versus 3Q09
- Derivatives net revenue up 21% versus 4Q08; U.S. options market share increases to 24% in 4Q09
- Fixed operating expenses down 16% and 11% versus 4Q08 and full-year 2008, respectively, adjusted for acquisitions, foreign currency fluctuations and investment in new businesses
- Closed the acquisition of NYFIX and semi-mutualization of NYSE Liffe U.S.
- Signed definitive agreement for semi-mutualization of NYSE Amex Options
- 14% reduction in staff year-over-year excluding NYFIX
NYSE Technologies and four leading ASEAN equities exchanges--Bursa Malaysia (BM), the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE), Singapore Exchange (SGX) and the Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET)-- during the 10th ASEAN Exchanges CEO's Meeting in Manila signed a Letter of Intent that designates NYSE Technologies as the solutions provider for the ASEAN Trading Link. The award marks a significant first step towards the establishment of an integrated ASEAN Capital Market
The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:NDAQ) reports that it successfully rolled out the INET trading system in all seven of its equities markets in the Nordics (Copenhagen, Helsinki, Iceland and Stockholm) and the Baltics (Riga, Tallinn, and Vilnius).