To strengthen the supervision over insider dealing, the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) has recently held a special meeting on supervision work to study the arrangements of the China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) for cracking down on insider dealing and pledge to give its first priority in frontline market supervision to deterring insider dealing and take several measures to strengthen the supervision over insider dealing.
TEFIX30 will track 30 leading companies at TSE in terms of free-float market capitalization and liquidity, and measures the performance of these companies.
The International Securities Exchange (ISE) announced that it has launched a new Step Up and Match feature for Facilitation and Price Improvement Mechanism (PIM) orders. These orders are exposed to all ISE market participants who may respond to participate with the order during a one second auction. The Step Up and Match functionality now allows firms originating the order to step up and match the best price achieved during the auction or up to a specific limit price, allowing greater flexibility for participation.
The Stock Exchange of Mauritius (SEM) has signed a contractual agreement , on 04 August 2010, with the Financial Times Ltd (“FT”) to utilise SEM delayed and end of day data for the purposes of display in hard copy in their newspapers (including the Financial Times) and in softcopy on their websites (including www.FT.com).
This is to announce the new corporate identity of Palestine Securities Exchange after its recent transformation into a public shareholding company.
- Foreign investors accounted for 47% of trading value on the Warsaw Stock Exchange (‘WSE’) in H1 2010, an increase of 11 percentage points
- In H1 2010, turnover on the WSE Main List was almost 60% of total trading in the whole of 2009
- On NewConnect, the value of trading in the first half exceeded that for the whole of 2009
- Trading on the Catalyst market continued to grow strongly with the value of bond issues exceeding 20 billion zloty at the end of July
- The number of investment accounts increased by almost 20% to 1.3 million, with Internet accounts increasing by 169 000 to reach 589 000
- A record 70% of transactions by individual investors in the equity market were through the Internet
ASX Limited (ASX) reports its results for the full financial year ended 30 June 2010 (FY10).
WFE July market statistics are available at http://www.world-exchanges.org/statistics
Today the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) announced that it has extended its existing licensing agreement with CME Group, the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives exchange, to list rand-denominated copper and silver futures contracts. This latest development gives South African investors further exposure to the international metals market.
The London Stock Exchange announced today that UnaVista has been approved by the Dutch regulator, AFM, to transaction report trades carried out on Dutch exchanges. Firms currently reporting to both the UK and Dutch regulators will now be able to use UnaVista as a single point of reporting, helping create efficiencies across their business.