CBOE Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBOE) announced it will launch futures and options on the CBOE Russell 2000® Volatility Index in coming weeks. CBOE Futures Exchange (CFE) will begin trading the futures (ticker: VU) on Monday, November 18, and Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) plans to introduce trading in the options (ticker: RVX) on Monday, December 2.
Main highlights for 3Q13 results
Total revenue increased 2.7% over the previous year third quarter, reflecting growth in revenue from the derivatives market and from other revenues not related to volumes traded.
In the BM&F segment, the average rate per contract (RPC) grew 10.6% year-over-year, reflecting changes in the mix of contracts traded and higher prices of contracts connected to the FX rate.
In the Bovespa segment, the average value traded (ADTV) was roughly flat, despite the challenging environment. The decrease of 2.2% in the average market capitalization was offset by an increase of the turnover velocity, which reached 73.7%.
HFT volumes increased 32.8% in the Bovespa Segment and 19.6% in the BM&F segment compared to 3Q12.
Real Estate Investment Funds (FIIs or Fundos de Investimento Imobiliários) ADTV reached R$23.1 million, up 85.1% year-over-year.
The average financial value of open interest positions in Securities Lending posted an increase of 26.0% year-over-year.
The financial value of LCAs registered reached R$73.8 billion in Sep/13, 190.6% growth compared to Sep/12.
R$225.3 million in dividends in 3Q13, totaling 80% of 3Q13 GAAP net income.
- Revenue of $165.3 million in Q3/13, down 9% compared with Q2/13, reflecting market conditions and seasonality
- Operating expenses of $106.4 million in Q3/13, down 7% compared with Q2/13, partially due to exceeding our synergy target
- Diluted earnings per share of 35 cents in Q3/13
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of 75 cents in Q3/13, down 16% compared with Q2/13
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of 75 cents excludes:
- 22 cents per share charge related to credit facility refinancing expenses
- 4 cents per share charge related to Maple transaction and integration costs
- 14 cents per share of amortization of intangibles related to acquisitions
- Expected Q4/13 interest savings of about $3.5 million before tax following Q3/13 refinancing transactions.
Singapore Exchange (SGX) has chosen London Stock Exchange Group’s (LSEG) MillenniumIT as the provider of a new post-trade system for Singapore’s securities market.
The Board submits the unaudited consolidated results of the Group for the nine months ended 30 September 2013.
Japan Exchange Group, Inc. and Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc. and Nikkei Inc. are proceeding with the joint-development of a new index. Details regarding the index have been determined as below, and the index will start to be calculated from the beginning of the next year.
- Diluted non-GAAP EPS of $0.53, up 21% compared to 3Q12
- Net revenue of $574 million up 3% compared to 3Q12
- Fixed operating expenses of $372 million, down 5% on constant dollar / portfolio basis vs. 3Q12
- Operating income of $202 million, up 18% compared to 3Q12
- Debt-to-EBITDA ratio 2.1 times, down from 2.5 times at end of 2012
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEx) welcomes the decision by the Ministry of Finance of the People’s Republic of China (MoF) to list renminbi (RMB)-denominated sovereign bonds again on its Stock Exchange (the Exchange), and for the first time use the Exchange’s facilities for a public offer of its bonds.
- Trading value soars 502.2% during the third quarter of the year to AED 49.02 Billion exceeding the full year of 2012
- Essa AbdulFattah Kazim:Leading the best performing exchanges globally reaffirms the soundness of DFM Company’s strategy; The return of the normal dynamic rhythm of trading activity promises a new beginning for DFM
IntercontinentalExchange, Inc. (NYSE: ICE) reported financial results for the third quarter of 2013. Consolidated revenues were $338 million, an increase of 5% from the third quarter of 2012. Consolidated net income attributable to ICE was $141 million, up 8% from the third quarter of 2012, and diluted earnings per share (EPS) increased 7% over the third quarter to $1.92 on a GAAP basis.