Singapore Exchange (SGX) and the China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC) announced they will establish a Direct Listing Framework for companies from China to list in Singapore.
With effect as from December 2013, SEM significantly reduced transaction fees on turnaround trades by 88% of the total brokerage fee from 1.25% to 0.15%.
The Saudi Stock Exchange (Tadawul) and the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange (ADX) have entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), which will serve to augment the already robust bilateral relationship between the two exchanges.
IntercontinentalExchange Group, Inc. (NYSE: ICE), the leading global network of exchanges and clearing houses, announced a definitive agreement to acquire Singapore Mercantile Exchange (SMX) in an all-cash transaction. The acquisition will add to ICE's current network of markets and clearing houses in the U.S., Canada, Brazil, the U.K. and continental Europe.
KEY 3Q13 OPERATING AND FINANCIAL HIGHLIGHTS
- Total trading volume across all markets up 25.3% YoY to RUB 123.9 trn.
- Total operating income rose 11.2% YoY to RUB 6.28 bln.
- EBITDA climbed 8.7% YoY to RUB 3.99 bln; EBITDA margin 64.0% versus 65.0% in 3Q12.
- Net profit increased 29.8% YoY to RUB 2.85 bln; earnings per share (EPS) increased 24% YoY to RUB 1.29.
Multi Commodity Exchange of India Limited (MCX), India’s top commodity bourse, and the People’s Republic of China-based Dalian Commodity Exchange (DCE), have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to boost strategic co-operation.
- Good overall financial performance with headline revenue growth across all of the Group’s main business areas
- Revenue up 44 per cent to £504.2 million (H1 FY 2013: £349.8 million), including five months’ contribution from LCH.Clearnet; revenue up 8 per cent on organic and constant currency basis
- Total income (excluding unrealised gains/losses at LCH.Clearnet) up 34 per cent at £567.1 million (H1 FY 2013: £423.7 million); down 4 per cent on organic and constant currency basis
- Underlying operating expenses kept broadly flat, reflecting continued good cost control
- Adjusted operating profit1 up 6 per cent at £229.9 million (H1 FY 2013: £217.2 million); down 13 per cent on organic and constant currency basis; operating profit of £151.0 million (H1 FY 2013: £186.8 million)
- Adjusted basic EPS1 of 48.2 pence (H1 FY 2013: 51.8 pence); basic EPS of 24.9 pence (H1 FY 2013: 43.0 pence)
- Interim dividend up 4 per cent to 10.1 pence per share (H1 FY 2013: 9.7 pence per share)
- Acquisition of majority stake in LCH.Clearnet completed in May 2013, with major project programmes now live to deliver operational efficiencies, synergies and other benefits; new LCH.Clearnet Group CEO appointed
- SwapClear discussions are ongoing to ensure EMIR compliance
- Numerous new products, services and projects live in the period, including: a CSD in Luxembourg; MTS swaps service; a London-based derivatives market; the launch of FTSE Super Liquid contracts; new FTSE
Singapore Exchange (SGX) is pleased to introduce three new Asian Index Futures to provide investors wider access to almost all of Asia’s key capital and growth markets. The new contracts, namely the SGX-PSE MSCI Philippines Index Futures, SGX MSCI Thailand Index Futures and SGX MSCI India Index Futures, complement SGX’s extensive suite of equity derivatives offerings. In addition, it provides global investors deeper and more extensive reach into Asia's emerging markets. The three new contracts will commence trading from 25 November 2013.
Bursa Malaysia Derivatives Berhad (Bursa Malaysia Derivatives) extended their eight-year collaboration for another three years. Both Bursa Malaysia Derivatives and Dalian Commodity Exchange (DCE) formalised their mutual commitment to the promotion and progress of futures markets for oil and oilseeds globally, through the organisation of the annual China International Oils & Oilseeds Conference (CIOC).
IntercontinentalExchange Group, Inc. (NYSE: ICE), the leading global network of exchanges and clearing houses, announced the successful completion of its previously announced acquisition of NYSE Euronext (NYSE: NYX). The stock-and-cash transaction has a total value of approximately $11 billion. The combination creates the premier operator of global exchanges diversified across a range of asset classes spanning interest rates, equities and equity derivatives, credit derivatives, bonds, foreign exchange, energy, metals and agricultural commodities.