The National Clearing Centre (NCC) was assigned the Russia"s first qualified central counterparty (CCP). The CBR made decision on 18 October to recognize the NCC"s management quality as the one meeting the requirements for credit organizations acting as CCPs
Singapore Exchange (SGX) is developing Asia’s first electricity futures market with a targeted launch by end-2014, subject to regulatory approval.
In light of finalizing NILEX listed companies all their financial and execution disclosure material, the Egyptian Exchange decided to extend its trading hours to be 4 hours starting Monday 7th, October 2013 trading session.
Singapore Exchange (SGX) is introducing Asian foreign exchange (FX) futures for deliverable and non-deliverable Asian currencies from 11 November 2013. Futures contracts for six currency pairs, AUD/USD, AUD/JPY, USD/SGD, INR/USD, KRW/USD and KRW/JPY, will be launched initially.
Oslo Børs VPS has decided to introduce T+2 with effect from 6 October 2014. This means that securities will be settled on the investor’s account in VPS two days after the transaction has taken place and consequently that the seller will receive payment after two days. Current market practice is that this process will take three days.
Deutsche Börse AG announced the purchase of a minority stake in Global Markets Exchange Group International LLP (“GMEX Group”). The company paid a single digit million GBP sum for the stake. GMEX Group is a London based exchange business focused on the launch of a suite of new products, including original Interest Rate Swap Futures contracts, derivatives indices and emerging markets exchange business partnerships enabled by multi-asset trading technology.
- The program offers vendors direct connectivity testing facility with the exchange for new or upgraded features
- “Quod Financial” and “Financial Technologies” join the program… three other vendors on the way
BM&FBOVESPA will start annual compensation of its greenhouse gas emissions that cannot be reduced, thus becoming carbon neutral. This initiative is being backdated to 2011 and 2012 and seeks among other things to encourage the adoption of best sustainability practices by listed companies and by the market as a whole. This course of action is also in line with the Exchange’s Sustainability Policy – approved by the Board of Directors in 2013 – and cements the commitment to business initiatives related to climate change.
- Third quarter 2013 net revenues1 were a record $506 million, up 23% from the prior year quarter. On an organic basis, assuming constant currency and excluding acquisitions, net revenues increased 4% year-over-year.
- Third quarter 2013 GAAP and non-GAAP diluted EPS of $0.66.
- Achieved organic revenue growth year-over-year in all three non-trading business segments, Information Services, Technology Solutions, and Listing Services.
- Non-transaction based revenues were 73% of our total third quarter 2013 net revenues, and increased 27% from the prior year quarter.
- Third quarter 2013 is the first full quarter to reflect the acquired eSpeed and Thomson Reuters IR, PR, and Multimedia businesses, establishing new revenue and operating profit base-lines.
- De-leveraging plan is on schedule, NASDAQ OMX paid down $98 million of debt in the third quarter of 2013.
NYSE Technologies announced that its Exchange Data Publisher (XDP) is the market data engine powering the new Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing (HKEx) Orion Market Data (OMD) Platform. Selected by HKEx for its industry leading, low-latency performance, XDP enables the HKEx OMD Platform to distribute market data packaged into value-added services tailored to different subscriber groups.