ASX welcomes announcement by the Deputy Prime Minister and Treasurer, the Hon Wayne Swan, which retains the current market structure for clearing and settlement of cash equities, and requests ASX to put in place a Code of Practice for Clearing and Settlement of Cash Equities in Australia.
Fourth Quarter Financial Highlights
- Operating Revenues Increase 8 Percent to $130.1 Million
- GAAP Net Income Allocated to Common Stockholders Increases 25 Percent to $39.2 Million; Diluted EPS Up 29 Percent to $0.45
- GAAP Operating Margin of 45.9 Percent; Adjusted Operating Margin of 49.9 Percent, Up 300 Basis Points(1)
2012 Full-Year Financial Highlights
- Operating Revenues of $512.3 Million Increases 1 Percent(1)
- GAAP Net Income Allocated to Common Stockholders Increases 14 Percent to $155.3 Million; Diluted EPS Up 17 Percent to $1.78
- GAAP Operating Margin of 47.6 Percent; Adjusted Operating Margin of 48.7 Percent, Up 30 Basis Points
In response to the growing demand in the European market, SIX Financial Information has expanded its Evaluated Pricing (EP) business by establishing a new valuation team in Frankfurt.
Designed to serve as a new investable benchmark for bond investors as well as to promote innovation of China bond market, CSI announced the upcoming launch of SSE 10-Year China Treasury Note (Futures Deliverables) Index on Mar 7th 2013.
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEx) launched its Mainland Market Data Hub (MMDH) Founding Members Programme, which is designed to allow information vendors and other interested parties to participate in the early set-up of the market data hub HKEx will launch by the third quarter of this year in Shanghai, in connection with the HKEx Orion Market Data Platform (OMD) that is scheduled to be implemented in phases beginning in the second quarter of this year.
Moscow Exchange has admitted resident banks from countries of the Eurasian Economic Community, i.e. Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan and Tadzhikistan, to the Exchange’s FX market.
Belarusian BPS-Sberbank was the first foreign bank to test the new functionalities of the Exchange, be admitted to trading and execute a trade on the Moscow Exchange’s FX market.
The International Securities Exchange (ISE), a leading U.S. options exchange, and IndexIQ, a leading asset management firm, announced their partnership agreement to support and promote new exchange traded products (ETPs) focusing on physical commodities.
CME Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CME) reported revenues of $661 million and operating income of $376 million for the fourth quarter 2012. Net income attributable to CME Group was $167 million and diluted earnings per share were $0.50.
- Revenue of $181.1 million in Q4/12
- Diluted earnings per share of 61 cents in Q4/12
- Adjusted diluted earnings per share of 95 cents, excluding 18 cents per share of
Maple Transaction and Integration costs and 16 cents per share of amortization of
intangible assets related to acquisitions.
- Cash flows from operating activities of $29.8 million in Q4/12
IntercontinentalExchange (NYSE: ICE), a leading operator of global markets and clearing houses, reported financial results for fourth quarter and full year 2012. Consolidated net income attributable to ICE for the quarter grew 2% to $129 million on consolidated revenues of $323 million, down 1% compared to the prior fourth quarter. Diluted earnings per share (EPS) in the quarter increased 2% to $1.76.