NYSE Technologies, the commercial technology division of NYSE Euronext (NYX), announced that it has obtained approval from the Chinese State Council Information Office (SCIO) to distribute market data in China.
The Stock Exchange of Thailand’s (SET) Board of Governors agreed to elect Sathit Limpongpan the exchange’s 15th chairman, with immediate effect.
Osaka Securities Exchange (OSE) announced that it has entered into a license agreement for CNX Nifty, the benchmark index of India's leading stock exchange, the National Stock Exchange India Limited (NSE) with India Index Services & Products Limited (IISL), a subsidiary of NSE.
SWIFT, the financial messaging provider for more than 10,000 banking organisations, securities institutions and corporate customers in 212 countries and territories, announced at Sibos that SIX Securities Services, the CSD group for Switzerland, will use SWIFT’s Value Added Network (VAN) solution to connect to T2S. It will also take advantage of further value-added services from SWIFT.
On August 21, 2013, NYSE Euronext (Euronext) requested accelerated Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) review of its Euronext Amsterdam AEX-Index mini futures contract and its Euronext Paris CAC40 Index mini futures contract so that they may be offered to U.S. persons. Euronext also requested that the contracts may be made available through direct access terminals in the United States.
NYSE Euronext listed GBP/USD and GBP/EUR options and futures on its market in Amsterdam. The new introduction means an extension of NYSE Euronext’s European range of foreign exchange derivatives, which until today included EUR/USD options and futures. The new FX options and futures are interesting for retail and professional investors who wish to invest in currency derivatives without being exposed to physical delivery. These contracts form the base for a good currency risk hedge for equity portfolio’s containing UK or US shares as the contracts are cash settled.
- Collateral management services now accessible via new connectivity solution
- Industry priorities to define roadmap to extend connectivity solution to Clearstream’s full suite of services
- TARGET2-Securities is main driver for future integrated and harmonised connectivity solution
ASX’s OTC Derivatives Clearing Service cleared its first Australian dollar interest rate swap trade – an over- the-counter transaction between Commonwealth Bank of Australia and Deutsche Bank - marking an important milestone in ensuring Australia has world-class financial market infrastructure.
- Singapore Exchange (SGX) and Clearstream to jointly offer a collateral management
- SGX customers will benefit from more efficient use of their assets held with SGX’s Central Depository (CDP) as collateral
- Singapore is first Asian market to use Clearstream’s Liquidity Hub GO (Global Outsourcing) service