Merger of Borsa Italiana’s Expandi and MTA markets
From June 22 2009, merger of Borsa Italiana’s Expandi and MTA markets
On 22 June 2009, the Expandi market will merge with the MTA market. As a result, financial instruments now listed on the Expandi market will be migrated into MTA segments after MTA closes.
Specific details of the migration to the different MTA segments are as follows:
- The following stocks will migrate from Expandi’s standard class 2 segment to MTA’s Blue Chip segment :
Banca Popolare dell’Emilia Romagna and Banca Popolare di Sondrio
- The following stocks will migrate from Expandi’s standard class 2 segment to MTA’s standard class 1 segment :
Arkimedica, Autostrade Meridionali, Greenvision Ambiente, Pramac and Screen Service Broadcasting Technologies
- The following stocks will be migrated from Expandi’s standard class 1 segment to MTA’s standard classe 1 segment :
Apulia Pronto Prestito, B&C Speakers, Best Union Company, Biancamano, Borgosesia, Caleffi, Cogeme Set, Conafi Prestitò, Enervit, FNM, IW Bank, Kerself, Mondo Home Entertainment, Monti Ascensori, Noemalife, Pierrel, Piquadro, RCF Group, Realty Vailog, RGI, Rosss, Tamburi Investment Partners, Toscana Finanza, Valsoia and Yorkville BHN
- The following stocks will be migrated from Expandi’s standard class 2 segement to MTA’s standard class 2 segment :
Bioera, Bouty Healthcare, Compagnia Immobiliare azionaria, Nova Re and Ternienergia.
Other changes coming into force from Monday 22 June are:
- The creation of the Market for Investment Vehicles (MIV):
Borsa Italiana has created a regulated market devoted exclusively to investment vehicles in order to better identify companies whose mission is to raise and invest capital in securities and real estate activities. The MIV market will offer trading in units of closed-end funds, investment companies’ shares and Real Estate Investment Companies
- A dedicated procedure for the quoting on MTA of AIM Italia companies:
A simplified procedure for companies that have been quoted on AIM Italia for at least 18 months to gain access to the MTA market with a fast-tracked approval process.
- A dedicated procedure for the quoting on MTA of Private Equity Backed Companies:
To take account of the special characteristics of companies with a significant presence of private equity funds among its shareholders, a simplified procedure has been created for their admission to the MTA market