08:00 - 09:00
09:00 - 09:30
10:00 - 10:30
10:30 - 11:30
12:00 - 12:30
14:00 - 15:30
Board of Directors meeting
Reserved for the IOMA Board of Directors
Mr. U. K. Sinha, Chairman, Securities and Exchange Board of
IOMA / IOCA Annual Conference opening
WFE film from the WFE Annual Meeting in Paris 2010
Welcome remarks, and IOMA / IOCA update
• Ravi Narain, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, NSE India, and IOMA Chairman
• Jorge Alegria, Chief Executive Officer, Mexican Derivatives Exchange (MEXDER), and IOMA Vice Chairman
IOCA Clearinghouse update 2011
Regulatory reform is at the top of the list, and clearinghouse standards, even for clearinghouses that only clear exchange trades, will become much tougher in the near future.
• Regulatory harmonization remains an important issue – the early results are not very encouraging, given material differences between (and even among) European and U.S. regulators and the unique challenges of Asia’s more fragmented regulatory environment. .
• Who should own clearinghouses? What are commercial conflicts of interest and the systemic risk issues lined to banks’ and brokers’ ownership of clearinghouses?
• What is the future for interoperability and connectivity between clearinghouses, and investor choice for clearing?
Chair: • Michael Walinskas, Senior Vice President, Risk Management and Membership, The Options Clearing Corporation
• Kim Taylor, Managing Director and President, CME Clearing House Division, CME Group
• Michael March, Director, Business Development, LCH.Clearnet Limited
• Kevin King, EVP-Head of Risk Management Division (tbc)
conflicts of interest and the systemic risk issues lined to banks’
and brokers’ ownership of clearinghouses?
• What is the future for interoperability and connectivity
between clearinghouses, and investor choice for clearing
2010 IOMA survey results
Trends in the exchange-traded futures and options markets.
• Peter Clifford, Deputy Secretary General, WFE
The global risk transfer market
A review and reaction to the study conducted by the Tabb Group in November 2010 measuring and analyzing the over the counter derivatives market. Perspectives as to how the US and EU will regulate the OTC. Will Asian firms and exchanges be left behind? What is a SEF?
Chair: • Marcus Zickwolff, Executive Director, Eurex Group Head of Trading and Clearing System Design Dept., Eurex
• Mark Woodward, Director of Corporate Development, ICEClear Europe
• Muthukrishnan Ramaswami, President, Singapore Exchange